The Philadelphia Eagles vs. Dallas Cowboys game was one of the most anticipated matchups of the 2023 season. Both teams were fighting for the NFC East division title, and the game featured two of the best quarterbacks in the league: Jalen Hurts and Dak Prescott.
- A football game between the Philadelphia Eagles and the Dallas Cowboys, which was one of the biggest of the 2023 season.
- Focuses on Jalen Hurts, the Eagles quarterback, who is one of the stars of the NFL and has led his team to several wins.
- It mentions that Hurts wore tan cleats that looked like dress shoes, which confused some fans on social media.
- That Hurts’ cleats were a special colorway of the Jordan XI PE cleats, which he wore to honor veterans and active-duty military members as part of the NFL’s Salute to Service initiative.
- It also reports that Hurts suffered a leg injury during the game, but he came back and played well, leading the Eagles to a victory over the Cowboys and securing a playoff spot.
Hurts, the Eagles quarterback, has been one of the stars of the NFL over the past few seasons. He has shown his versatility, accuracy, and leadership skills, leading the Eagles to several impressive wins. He has also earned the respect and admiration of his teammates, coaches, and fans.
But during the game against the Cowboys, Hurts caught the attention of many football fans not for his performance, but for his footwear. Hurts was wearing tan, neutral-colored cleats that did not match the Eagles’ green and white colors. Some fans on social media wondered if Hurts was playing with “dress shoes”, as they looked like formal shoes that one would wear to a wedding or a business meeting.
However, Hurts was not wearing dress shoes, but a special colorway of the Jordan XI PE cleats. These are custom-made cleats that are inspired by the iconic Air Jordan XI sneakers, which are known for their patent leather and carbon fiber design. The cleats are part of the NFL’s “Salute to Service” initiative, which honors veterans and active-duty military members in the weeks surrounding Veterans Day, which is on Saturday, November 11. The tan colorway represents the desert camouflage that is worn by some military personnel.
Hurts was not the only player who wore the Jordan XI PE cleats for the “Salute to Service” initiative. Other players, such as Julio Jones, Michael Thomas, and Jarvis Landry, also sported the same cleats in different colorways. The cleats are not available for purchase, but some fans have expressed their interest in getting a pair.
Hurts’ choice of cleats was not only a tribute to the veterans, but also a testament to his toughness and resilience. During the game, Hurts suffered a leg injury that forced him to leave the field for a few plays. However, he came back and continued to play at a high level, throwing for 287 yards and two touchdowns, and rushing for 67 yards and another touchdown. He led the Eagles to a 34-31 victory over the Cowboys, securing the NFC East title and a playoff spot.
Hurts’ performance and footwear earned him praise from his teammates, coaches, and fans, who applauded his courage and dedication. Hurts said that he was proud to wear the Jordan XI PE cleats for the “Salute to Service” initiative, and that he was grateful for the opportunity to play the game he loves. He also said that he was not bothered by the fans who thought he was wearing dress shoes, and that he was focused on winning the game and helping his team.